jenn

Murder by Death

Bingo Update #5 - Mid-game update

I'm officially caught up with all the calls at this point.  My reading can be a little more intuitive from here - at least until the next square is called and I probably hare off to get it read.

Southern Gothic Drowning Deep modern noir relics and curiosities Country House Mystery
Spellbound
Free Square Grimm Tale
darkest london baker street irregular romantic suspense
gothic

Squares are greyed out until they're called.

Called squares will be full-strength.

Read but not called squares will be greyed out below.

Called and read will have a marker on it and the marker will 'disappear' from the picture below.

My markers this year are pieces of a full image, seen here:

Gothic

As squares are called, pieces of the picture will disappear, as they reappear on the card; as one picture disintegrates, another will emerge.  :)

My loose plan for the squares is as follows.  I'm tracking my actual reads on a spreadsheet, so this list may or may not get updated.

First Row:

Southern Gothic:Woman Without a Past - Phyllis A. Whitney  READ ON 19 SEPTEMBER see review

Fear the Drowning Deep: The Dancing Floor - Barbara Michaels (Used Wild Card) READ ON 7 OCTOBER see review

Modern Noir: The Fourth Bear - Jasper Fforde  READ ON 2 OCTOBER see review

Relics & Curiosities: Vermilion - Phyllis A. Whitney  READ 23 SEPTEMBER see review

Country House Mysteries: Pigeon Pie Mystery - Julia Stuart READ ON 10 OCTOBER see review

Second Row:

Amateur Sleuth: A Room with a Brew - Joyce Tremel READ ON 1 OCTOBER see review

Doomsday: Get Well Soon - Jennifer Wright READ ON 24 SEPTEMBER see review

Spellbound: Magic Triumphs - Ilona Andrews READ ON 4 OCTOBER see review

Cozy Mystery: The Grub-and-Stakers Quilt a Bee READ ON 1 OCTOBER see review

Terror in a Small Town: Murder at an Irish Wedding - Carlene O'Conner READ ON 8 OCTOBER see review

Third Row:

Murder Most Foul:  Marigolds for Malice - Bailey Cattrell READ ON SEPTEMBER 25

New Release: The World of All Souls READ ON 21 SEPTEMBER see review

Free Square: The Colour of Magic READ ON 24 SEPTEMBER see review

Classic Horror: The Prince of Darkness (Used Wild Card) READ ON SEPTEMBER 27 see review

A Grimm Tale: Poison - Sarah Pinborough  READ ON 22 SEPTEMBER read review

Fourth Row:

Darkest London: The Sherlockian - Graham Moore  or A Beautiful Blue Death - Charles Finch

Shifters: Wild Hunger - Chloe Neill  READ ON 27 AUGUST Review here

Baker Street Irregulars: The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure - Robert Arthur READ ON 2 OCTOBER see review

Romantic Suspense: Be Buried in the Rain - Barbara Michaels READ ON SEPTEMBER 14 see review

13: The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield READ ON 6 OCTOBER  see review

Fifth Row:

Cryptozoologist: Hunted - Kevin Hearne  READ ON 3 SEPTEMBER Review here

Genre: Suspense: Locked Doors-Mary Roberts Rinehart READ ON 30 SEPTEMBER see review

Diverse Voices: Hollywood Homicide - Kellye Garrett READ ON SEPTEMBER 23 see review

Gothic: Houses of Stone - Barbara Michaels  READ ON 29 SEPTEMBER see review

Ghost Stories: The Haunting of Fox Mill - Phyl Cooke READ ON 2 OCTOBER see review