jenn

Murder by Death

Killer Librarian (Karen Nash #1)

Killer Librarian - Mary Lou Kirwin

Excellent first book in a new series.

A very different style of cozy mystery that was a lot of fun from the first page. Totally non-formulaic, this story was a delightful departure from the standard and I devoured it nearly in one sitting.

Librarian Karen Nash is packed and ready to leave with her boyfriend for their first trip to London - only to be dumped literally hours before take-off. In a fit of defiance she decides to go anyway, only to discover she's sharing the plane with her now-ex and his new girlfriend. After arriving in London, one of her fellow B and B guests ends up dead.

The blurb on the back of the book is misleading, leading one to think there's a lot of action afoot. In reality, this is a rather calm, relaxing mystery that unfolds in it's own time with a denouement that sneaks up on you and a climax to the story that's rather breathtaking.

I'm truly looking forward to the next book in this series, I can't wait to see what Ms. Kirwin does with the next plot.