jenn

Murder by Death

The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom

The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom - Bronson Pinchot, Christopher Healy

A really amusing, entertaining story - the whole time I listened to it I could completely imagine it as a Pixar feature film.

A fabulous take on what happens after the fairy tale ends.  The princes from each of the major fairy tales - Snow White, Cinderella, Rupunzel and another one I can't remember - each find themselves relegated in history to merely "Prince Charming" and their lives are far from 'happily ever after'.  They end up together, determined to foil an evil plot and leave the bards no choice but to accurately record their adventures for posterity.

The narrator, Bronson Pinchot deserves an award for this - he was brilliant!  Each voice, male or female, was distinct, believable, and added dimension. Even 'good' narrators I've listened to in the past could only go so far making each character's voice unique and distinct. At the end, you still recognized the narrator's voice in there. And males trying to do female, or vice versa - forget it. It rarely reaches any height of believability. But Mr. Pinchot, absolutely amazing - there were voices I would be prepared to believe could not have come from him (the giant was particularly brilliant!). He truly makes this book come alive.