jenn

Murder by Death

Death Rides Again (Jocelyn Shore Mysteries #3)

Death Rides Again - Janice Hamrick

A series that just gets better with each book. Death Rides Again was great. I love the witty, dry, tell-it-like-it-is dialogue that doesn't hold back. I love the sarcasm used judiciously by the main character Jocelyn. I'm loving the new love interest. The only thing I didn't love was the overall theme of hunting - I hate hunting animals with a fervent passion. Luckily, most of it was talk and no animals were overtly harmed in the story.

This one takes place at the family's ranch over the Thanksgiving holidays and while I usually don't care for mysteries that take place "away from home" none of the mysteries in this series have taken place in the same place, so no real sense of a permanent setting has ever really been established.The plot was complicated, twisted, and well done. While I suspected I knew who the villain was, I was only a tiny bit right in the end.  A fun, fast-paced, hard-to-put-down mystery and I'm really looking forward to more books.