jenn

Murder by Death

An Atlas of Natural Beauty

An Atlas of Natural Beauty: Botanical Ingredients for Retaining and Enhancing Beauty - Victoire de Taillac, Ramdane Touhami

I bought this because of 1. the cover, and 2. I'm always on the lookout for ways to use the things I grow.

I'd never heard of the Officine Universelle Buly, and hadn't a clue it was a shop until I received the book.  The writing style fits; there's a very strong marketing vibe to the phrasing.  But I thoroughly enjoyed all the information contained in it.  It's mostly a list of different natural ingredients that can be used as beauty regimens, though there are a few first-aid type recipes here too.  Each has a little segment on its history, mythology and cultivation/harvesting, as well as tips on how to get the most out of the ingredient.

Beauty regimens are not necessarily my jam, as I'm a low maintenance kind of girl (read: lazy), but nevertheless there were a lot of useful finds, including one that might help MT manage his painful flareups of rheumatism.

A beautifully constructed and laid out book that will serve as an interesting reference when I'm in need of a solution that can come out of my garden.