jenn

Murder by Death

Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy novella)

Diamond Fire -  Ilona Andrews

While I didn't like this one as much as I liked the first three, full-length Hidden Legacy novels that featured Nevada and Rogan, it was a nice little segue; it tied off all the loose ends in the Nevada/Rogan story line (not that there were many), while setting up the new background for the series to continue with a focus on Catalina, Nevada's sister.  Catalina's power didn't interest me much in the previous books, but Andrews adds some interesting dimensions to it in this short story that have me intrigued.

The plot, intricate for such a short story (143 pages), was two-pronged: who stole a tiara and who was trying to kill off the wedding guests?  Were they one in the same, or different enemies?

The resolution was both satisfying and sort of ... cute.  I feel like I should have seen that coming, but I didn't.  And that's why I like Ilona Andrews.  I'm definitely looking forward to the next full-length story.