jenn

Murder by Death

24 Festive Tasks: Bon Om Touk, Tasks 1-4

Task 1:  Make a paper boat and post a picture of it.   Instructions, if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiAWx8odStA

I swear I'm going to try to do this, but I keep running out of hours in my days.

Task 2:  If you’ve ever attended a procession or an event involving festively decked out boats, post a picture and tell us about it.

Growing up on the Gulf Coast of Florida, Christmas boat parades are a tradition.  I've never thought to take pictures, but here are a few from the recent parade, found on the local newspaper websites:

Task 3:  Bon Om Touk celebrates the end of the rainy season.  Tell us: What’s your favorite type of rainy day book – and do you have a favorite drink or snack to go with your rainy day reading?  Photos welcome!

The closest I come to a favorite rainy-day read is a re-read.  The cozy comfort comes from re-visiting an old favorite, and which one depends on my mood that day.  Could be a classic, could be a mystery, could be an urban fantasy.  The ultimate rainy day drink for me has got to be hot chocolate.

Task 4:  Which are your 3 favorite books where a key character is “moonlighting”?

BrokenTune beat me to it - but at the risk of being a copycat, I have to go with Sherlock Holmes:  as a priest in The Scandal in Bohemia, a sailor, a groom and a clergyman in The Sign of Four, and an Irish-American Spy in His Last Stand.