jenn

Murder by Death

Reading progress update: I've read 12 out of 336 pages.

Get Well Soon: History's Worst Plagues and the Heroes Who Fought Them - Jennifer   Wright

I didn't realise until I l glanced at the back of my copy that I've read this author's other book, It Ended Badly: 13 of the Worst Break-ups in History, and I really enjoyed her writing, so I'm doubly looking forward to really getting into this one.

My initial thoughts:  Maybe it's just me, but up there with cooking, I feel like fighting hand-to-hand combat would be one of those things you do not do naked.  Also, reading about how not-naked and armed to the teeth the Romans were, I couldn't help my first thought being: What happened if their sandals came untied? Because bending down doesn't seem like something the could be done with body armour and 20 different weapons strapped about your person.

Whiskey in the Jar already covered the whole sewage debacle, so I won't go over that again, and I'm only just getting to the part where people start thinking, I'm not feeling so hot.  But 12 pages in and I'm enjoying her light, sassy style of writing.