jenn

Murder by Death

Sweet!

As some of you may remember, I got a beehive for a Christmas present this year - it's a beekeeping service really: they park a beehive in our garden, come every couple of weeks to check on it and maintain it and once a year, in early summer, we get the first 9kgs of honey produced.  Unless the bees have had a particularly productive year, in which case we get a bonus delivery.

We got a bonus delivery today!  AND one of our new chickens, Auburn, laid her first egg - it's a party here at the menagerie!  :D

4 Kilos of honey, plus a big, thick slab of honeycomb.  Now, I'm biased, of course, but I will admit to massive amounts of trepidation regarding what honey from our garden would taste like - especially given the number of eucalyptus tress in our area, which produce a honey I'm not at all fond of (think dark, smokey, sharp flavours).  But I'm happy to report our honey is delicious - light, floral, sweet.  And can I just say thank god?  Because I have no idea what I'd do with 4kgs of honey that didn't taste good!