jenn

Murder by Death

The Flat Book Society: July read announcement

The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions - Thomas McNamee

The membership has spoken and it seems The Flat Bookers are feeling catty.

By a resounding margin, our July Group Read will be The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions by Thomas McNamee

Our feline companions are much-loved but often mysterious. In The Inner Life of Cats, Thomas McNamee blends scientific reportage with engaging, illustrative anecdotes about his own beloved cat, Augusta, to explore and illuminate the secrets and enigmas of her kind.

As it begins, The Inner Life of Cats follows the development of the young Augusta while simultaneously explaining the basics of a kitten’s physiological and psychological development. As the narrative progresses, McNamee also charts cats’ evolution, explores a feral cat colony in Rome, tells the story of Augusta’s life and adventures, and consults with behavioral experts, animal activists, and researchers, who will help readers more fully understand cats.

McNamee shows that with deeper knowledge of cats’ developmental phases and individual idiosyncrasies, we can do a better job of guiding cats’ maturation and improving the quality of their lives. Readers’ relationships with their feline friends will be happier and more harmonious because of this book.

This read will begin July 1st, so if you're interested in learning more about how cats tick, please feel free to join us at The Flat Book Society.

Me-ow.