jenn

Murder by Death

July: Colophon

Please Mr. Einstein - Jean-Claude Carrière The Book: A Cover-to-Cover Exploration of the Most Powerful Object of Our Time - Keith Houston Dangerous To Know - Renee Patrick Lincoln as I Knew Him: Gossip, Tributes, and Revelations from His Best Friends and Worst Enemies - Harold Holzer The Secrets of Wishtide - Kate Saunders The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World - Andrea Wulf Other-Wordly: Words Both Strange and Lovely from Around the World - Kelsey Garrity-Riley, Yee-Lum Mak The Dead Witness: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Detective Stories - Michael Sims Unseen City: The Majesty of Pigeons, the Discreet Charm of Snails & Other Wonders of the Urban Wilderness - Nathanael Johnson

colophon: a statement at the end of a book, typically with a printer's emblem, giving information about its authorship and printing.

I don't have a printer's emblem, unless you count my gecko, but otherwise colophon seems to fit our monthly wrap ups pretty well.

I read 24 books this month, mostly in a the-game-is-almost-over rush to squeeze as much in as possible.  It's no longer practicable, sadly, to easily keep up with the number of pages read, because of at least two anthologies I only dipped into, rather than reading completely.

I had a great quality reading month with 2 Five-star reads and 7 four-and-a-half star reads. Far and away my favourite was Please Mr. Einstein by Jean-Claude Carrière.

I had just one 1-star read, Assault and Beret by Jenn McKinlay  and it's already in the black box and a distant memory.

How was everyone else's reading month?