jenn

Murder by Death

Booklikes-opoly: Turn 35 (July 14)

The repeat squares are coming thick and fast now, although I haven't yet gotten a hat trick.  For this square I'm going with A Ghostly Light by Juliet Blackwell - an author that hasn't yet let me down, and a setting in California (San Francisco to be precise).

A Ghostly Light - Juliet BlackwellWhen her friend Alicia hires Turner Construction to renovate a historic lighthouse in the San Francisco Bay, Mel Turner can’t wait to get her hands dirty. Alicia plans to transform the island property into a welcoming inn, and while Mel has never attempted a project so ambitious before, she’s definitely up for the challenge.

But trouble soon arises when Alicia’s abusive ex-husband shows up to threaten both her and Mel, and later turns up dead at the base of the lighthouse stairs. With no other suspects in sight, things start looking choppy for Alicia. Now, if Mel wants to clear her friend’s name, she’ll need the help of the lighthouse’s resident ghosts to shine a light on the real culprit…