jenn

Murder by Death

BookLikes-opoly: Turn 19 (June 3rd)

What IS it with me and 11's?!?!  At least I didn't land on space 8 again.

There's no shortage of small town settings in my piles, and as it's past my bedtime and I can't actually start the read until tomorrow, I'll choose one in the morning and update this post then.

Update:  After scanning the shelves I've decided on Paws and Effect by Sofie Kelly  which is set in the fictional small Minnesota town of Mayville Heights.  Page count: 315

Paws and Effect - Sofie KellyKathleen is excited to meet three old pals of her beau, Detective Marcus Gordon, while they visit charming Mayville Heights on business. But the reunion is cut short when one of the friends is killed—and the evidence points towards Marcus as the murderer.

Though it seems she doesn’t know all of Marcus’s secrets, Kathleen is sure he’s no killer. With his suspect status sidelining him from investigating the case, it’s up to Kathleen and her feline partners-in-crime to find whoever is framing Marcus—and make sure the good detective hasn’t found his last clue.