jenn

Murder by Death

bookLikes-opoly: Turn 10 (May 12th)

Hello 11, my old friend!

almost had to fall back on my new by-accident book, going all pedantic and pointing out that technically, Australia is an island, because at first I didn't think I had anything else.  Then I remembered I have a Death on Demand waiting to be read, Don't Go Home by Carolyn Hart, and it's set on the fictional Broward's Rock, off the coast of South Carolina - it doesn't even have a bridge; one must get to this fictional small island community by boat.  Aargh me hearties!

(Of course, it was a the bottom of a tall, heavy, stack of hardcovers, which is how I overlooked it in the first place.)

Don't Go Home - Carolyn Hart Annie Darling, owner of the Death on Demand mystery bookstore, is hosting a party to celebrate successful Southern literary icon—and former Broward’s Rock resident—Alex Griffith and his bestselling new novel, Don’t Go Home. But after the local paper announces that Griffith aims to reveal the real-life inspirations behind his characters, perhaps the author should take his own advice. Not everyone in town is ready to give him a glowing review.

As Annie attempts damage control, her friend Marian Kenyon gets in a heated argument with Griffith. It’s a fight Annie won’t soon forget—especially after the author turns up dead.

Despite an array of suspects to match Griffith’s cast of characters—and a promise to her husband, Max, to steer clear of sleuthing—Annie’s not about to let the police throw the book at her friend when the real killer remains at large…

Number of pages:  263