jenn

Murder by Death

BookLikes-opoly: Turn 9 (May 9)

I rolled last night right before going to sleep and didn't have time to put my post together, but here it is now.

I rolled

which put  me on:

This one initially seemed to be a tough one.  Every book I grabbed thinking it fit was a decade too early.  It was late and I was tired so I laid eyes on my Agatha Christie's and thought "screw it - she's definitely born before 1955" and grabbed the first one I touched.

This ended up being At Bertram's Hotel, a Miss Marple mystery.  I think I've only ever read the Miss Marple short stories and it seemed interesting enough.

I'm having great Monopoly luck, because as I started reading this last night I discovered it actually takes place between 1945 and 1965 - in fact it splits the difference right down the middle and appears by the first page to take place in 1955.  Yay!

At Bertram's Hotel - Agatha Christie

An old-fashioned London Hotel is not quite as reputable as it makes out… When Miss Marple comes up from the country for a holiday in London, she finds what she’s looking for at Bertram’s Hotel: traditional decor, impeccable service and an unmistakable atmosphere of danger behind the highly polished veneer. Yet, not even Miss Marple can foresee the violent chain of events set in motion when an eccentric guest makes his way to the airport on the wrong day…

Pages: 192