jenn

Murder by Death

BookLikes-opoly: Turn 5 (April 25)

Random.org finally started getting random for me:

Which lands me on the BookLikes square.

Since the possible options for the BookLikes square are numbered 1-12, I knew I needed to only roll one die, but it needed to be a 12 sided die and Random.org doesn't seem to allow for that (that I could find) so I used the original link supplied by our hostess with the mostest, Moonlight Reader, and I rolled a 7.

7.  Double your dollars on your next read!

I have to clarify this in the Q&A, but I think I can now choose any book I want to read for the duration of my time on this square.  Once I get the answer to that, I'll choose my book and update this post.

Edit: Ok, BrokenTune was a step ahead of me and clarified this question for herself (and now, me!) already.

Since I can read any book, I'm going with Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, because when I walked up to my TBR pile, this is the first thing I saw:

Jane Eyre - Jessica Hische,Charlotte Brontë

Perfect, no?  I'll just keep rolling with the whole "B" theme.  :)

Orphaned Jane Eyre grows up in the home of her heartless aunt, where she endures loneliness and cruelty, and at a charity school with a harsh regime. This troubled childhood strengthens Jane’s natural independence and spirit—which proves necessary when she takes a position as governess at Thornfield Hall. But when she finds love with her sardonic employer, Rochester, the discovery of his terrible secret forces her to make a choice. Should she stay with him and live with the consequences, or follow her convictions, even if it means leaving the man she loves?

Pages:  514