jenn

BookLikes-opoly: Turn 3 (April 21) - **Book Change**

Hopefully back on track!

Today's roll:

Which puts me on the FREE PARKING square:

Instructions say I roll again:  Odd number sends you to the waterworks, even number sends you to the electric company, doubles sends you to the luxury tax.

So I rolled again and got:

Which puts me on WaterWorks:  Read a book with water on the cover, or where someone turns on the waterworks (i.e., cries) because of an emotional event.

Well, it's definitely going to be a book with water on the cover... going to check out the stacks...

Well, that's what I get for making rash proclamations.  I intended to read Gone with the Twins by Kylie Logan, but a the same time, I started The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond, thinking I'd just read the first chapter before starting my monopoly read.  And then promptly read the whole thing in one sitting.

And let me tell ya - it fits!  This poor woman spent half the book blubbering with very good reason.  So, I'm going to use it instead.  It's much more fitting for WaterWorks than a book with a small slice of Lake Michigan on the cover.

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - Ree Drummond"That's when I saw him—the cowboy—across the smoky room."

I'll never forget that night. It was like a romance novel, an old Broadway musical, and a John Wayne western rolled into one. Out for a quick drink with friends, I wasn't looking to meet anyone, let alone a tall, rugged cowboy who lived on a cattle ranch miles away from my cultured, corporate hometown. But before I knew it, I'd been struck with a lightning bolt . . . and I was completely powerless to stop it.

Read along as I recount the rip-roaring details of my unlikely romance with a chaps-wearing cowboy, from the early days of our courtship (complete with cows, horses, prairie fire, and passion) all the way through the first year of our marriage, which would be filled with more challenge and strife—and manure—than I ever could have expected. This isn't just my love story; it's a universal tale of passion, romance, and all-encompassing love that sweeps us off our feet. It's the story of a cowboy. And Wranglers. And chaps. And the girl who fell in love with them.

Page count:  319 (not including recipes)