jenn

Murder by Death

BookLikes-opoly: Turn 1 (April 15)

It's April 15th here already *waves from other side of the Date Line*, but I won't be starting my book until tonight at any rate - busy day in RL.

My first roll:

Which puts me on the ? square (#8):

Oddly enough, this is not going to be a challenge for me, lol.  I'm going with: The Art of Vanishing by Cynthia Kuhn:

The Art of Vanishing - Cynthia KuhnWhen Professor Lila Maclean is sent to interview celebrated author and notorious cad Damon Von Tussel, he disappears before her very eyes. The English department is thrown into chaos by the news, as Damon is supposed to headline Stonedale University's upcoming Arts Week.

The chancellor makes it clear that he expects Lila to locate the writer and set events back on track immediately. But someone appears to have a different plan: strange warnings are received, valuable items go missing, and a series of dangerous incidents threaten the lives of Stonedale's guests. After her beloved mother, who happens to be Damon's ex, rushes onto campus and into harm's way, Lila has even more reason to bring the culprit to light before anything--or anyone--else vanishes.

Page count:  228