I read cozy and historical mysteries, a bit of Paranormal/UF, and to mix it up, I read science and gardening books on occasion.
May 2017 be brighter and better, because, as we all know, 2016 sucked.
Following BrokenTune's great example though, 2016 brought a few things for me to be personally thankful for:
- my continued good health: this year brought me access to a better medication, and I was lucky enough to get it for free for almost the entire year;
- MT's business is in an industry that is "in transition" but his company continued to thrive;
- MT rediscovered his love of reading and even though our reading tastes do not overlap at all, it's been a lot of fun sharing our evenings reading our books. Slightly less fun sharing bookshelf space, but I'm supposed to be focusing on the positives... ;
- THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!! They may not be everyone's favourite team, but you'd have to be soulless not to be happy for them - or an Indians fan, in which case, I'm so sorry. Both teams deserved their place in the World Series and either result would have been well earned. But game 7 and its aftermath is the only time in my life I have ever, or will ever, cry over a sporting event;
- BookLikes is back! Do not underestimate my happiness and relief that this community exists, that I'm a part of it, and that the BookLikes team in back in action. I'm so excited for what's ahead here and I look forward to all my friends' reads next year!