jenn

Murder by Death

October reading wrap-up

22 books read in October - almost all of them for Halloween Book Bingo.

I have never had so much fun playing a book themed game or challenge before and the credit is due to Moonlight Reader and Obsidian Blue for taking the time to put it together, run it and their generosity with prizes.  Credit is also due to everyone who participated; the shared enthusiasm kept the momentum going for a lot of us.  Congratulations to everyone who participated and had fun with it.  :)

The Hound of the Baskervilles - Illustrated -  Arthur Conan Doyle  I only had one 5-star read - a reread of The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle which feels like a gimme, because I love Sherlock Holmes and Hound is one of my favorites - even if I have to put up with chapters of Watson without Holmes around.  ;)

I had two 4.5 star reads:  Lethal Lifestyles by LynDee Walker  and The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby  - Lethal Lifestyles is the newest entry in one of my favourite series, and The Polysyllabic Spree is a non-fiction collection of Hornby's columns in The Believer.  It was so good, I've ordered the next three collections.

Lethal Lifestyles - LynDee Walker  The Polysyllabic Spree - Nick Hornby

The Haunted Bookshop - Christopher Morley,Stephen Rudnicki  Only one disappointment this month - The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley, Stephen Rudnicki.  I disliked it - a lot.  I yelled at the car speakers frequently and I'm not sure why I didn't DNF it.