jenn

Murder by Death

Halloween Book Bingo ideas - Black Cat Square

I was going through my home book database looking for books for Halloween bingo, and thought I'd share some titles that could work for those hard to find categories.

All of these books are also of the non-gory, non-horror variety.  If you don't like to be scared witless, you can read these without having to sleep with the lights on.  Most of them should either still be in print or available in ebook.

Black Cat

I'm using The Black Cat Knocks on Wood by Kay Finch because it's the trifecta:  title, cover and subject.  This is the second in the series but the first one is also a three-fer.

The Knitting series by Barbara Bretton, starting with Casting Spells has a black cat on the cover of all the books - at least the first 5 I own do.  You can't get much cozier than these.

A slightly older and finished series by Shirley Damsgaard that starts with Witch Way to Murder has black cats on all the covers too.  Most of this series is in the "decent' range, with, sadly, the last book being far and away the best.  Slightly heavier atmosphere to these too.

Incidentally, any of the three series above would also work for the Witches square.

One of Rochelle Staab's books Who Do, Voodoo? has a black cat, and is also a decent read.

Elizabeth Peters wrote a stand alone, Devil May Care; I've read it but can't remember it, so I can't comment on its quality.  But is has a black cat on the cover and the title seems Halloween-ish.  If it's the book I'm thinking it is, it's also paranormal.

Finally, I have one on my TBR by Peg Cochran, Berried Secrets; don't know much about this one at all.  It's a first in series and a new author.  But there's a black cat.  :)

Devil May Care - Elizabeth Peters  Berried Secrets - Peg Cochran  Who Do, Voodoo? - Rochelle Staab  Witch Way to Murder - Shirley Damsgaard  Casting Spells - Barbara Bretton  The Black Cat Knocks on Wood - Kay Finch