jenn

Murder by Death

The Single Undead Moms Club

The Single Undead Moms Club - Molly Harper

Anyone who has read Molly Harper's books, specifically the ones that take place in Half Moon Hollow, know why I bought this book:  Half Moon Hollow stories are pure fun.

I was worried when it arrived as a love triangle is central to the story, and love triangles are evil.  I needn't have worried; Harper knows how to make even a love triangle palatable and funny.  (She also embraces full disclosure and eschews male posturing, which makes triangles so much easier to...not loathe.)

The Single Undead Moms Club doesn't really have a strong single plot line that's a constant thread throughout the story.  Libby is a newly turned vampire fighting a custody battle for her son, she's starting to date again, and she's trying to fit in with both the vampires and the PTA, but all three sub-plots sort of seamlessly weave in and out of each other.  Towards the end there's a mystery that brings everything to a close.

Harper's books are great for pure light-hearted fun reading; solid writing, great characters with strong friendships between both men and women, and a lot of great one-liners keep me coming back for every new book.