jenn

Murder by Death

Reading progress update: I've read 158 out of 332 pages.

Venetia - Georgette Heyer

I got this far last night, but I didn't get a chance to post an update because it was my turn to cook dinner.

I finished through chapter 10 and Heyer's just introduced a rather large complication; at least I'm sure it's going to be a complication.  I'm sort of dreading it to be honest, because it's such a common complication (vague until everyone catches up) and up until this point, Heyer has managed to surprise me with unpredictable choices.

That scene with Oswald at the barn - Heyer must have had experience with teen age boys and the fools they are capable of being.  Our Byron wannabe surely played the part of the emo tragic to perfection, but again he's another one that needed a swift kick to the family jewels.  Heyer's men could learn more than a thing or two from Austen's Darcy.  All in all I'll be happy to see the back of him; now if we could just get rid of Edward...