jenn

Murder by Death

Book haul week of April 15

If Walls Could Talk: An Intimate History of the Home - Lucy Worsley The Madwoman Upstairs - Catherine Lowell The Semester of Our Discontent - Cynthia Kuhn Lost Among the Living - Simone St. James The Other Side of Midnight - Simone St. James The Conspiring Woman - Kate Parker Crime and Poetry - Amanda Flower Basket Case - Nancy Haddock Vanilla Beaned  - Jenn McKinlay Breach of Crust  - Ellery Adams

After a quiet couple of weeks, the books started pouring in through the post.  I suspect based on shipping notices a few more might stumble in this afternoon, but so far this is what I've got.  In addition to the ones at the top, I also received Carrots Love Tomatoes: Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening - Louise Riotte.  I spent yesterday afternoon flipping through it and reading most of it (it's setup to be largely a reference book).

If Walls Could Talk: An Intimate History of the Home I bought based on Degrees of Affection's updates as she listened to the audio.  She never steers me wrong in non-fiction!

The Madwoman Upstairs:  I saw It's a Mad Mad World's review of this one and it just sounds like a must read for me.  Clues!  Books!  Yay!

The Semester of Our Discontent is the first in a Henery Press series that takes place on a school campus.

Lost Among the Living and The Other Side of Midnight are two of the three works by Simone St. James that I haven't yet read (the third should arrive any day).  The first two are some of the best ghost stories I've ever read, and I have high hopes for these two.

The Conspiring Woman I don't know for sure, but I think this might be the last book in this series (unless the author plans going self-pub.  I suspect it was part of the Penguin/Random House culling.  It's a shame if so, the series was good, if not strong and I want to find out what happens to the MC.

Crime and Poetry and Basket Case are two first in new series.  I've stared Crime and Poetry last night and the opening gambit is ridiculous but I love the raven!  Vanilla Beaned and Breach of Crust are the latest in on-going series.

New books: 11

Books read: 5

Total physical TBR: 221

Hope everyone has a happy weekend!