jenn

Murder by Death

Grave Visions (Alex Craft, #4)

Grave Visions - Kalayna Price

After an insanely long delay, the fourth Alex Craft was released last month and as I've had it on pre-order for 3 years I wanted to finally read it, but was more than a little worried it would be a flop because 3 years is a long time to stall on a story.

But I needn't have worried.  It wasn't the best book in the series, but it was a good solid story about Alex, a grave witch who can raise shades (pure memories - not ghosts).  She's got a whole mess of problems that culminate in this book and a sort of ongoing love triangle (it isn't, but it's complicated).

This is definitely a series you want to start at the beginning with, because constant references are made in all the books to previous stories and character development (especially amongst her best friends).

I knocked off 1/2 star because the mystery in this book was bleedingly obvious from the first; the author was just too heavy-handed with her clues.  But the mystery isn't why I read these - I like the friendships, and I like Death (the character, not the process).  The fae... eh.

There's apparently a book 5 planned for next year and I'll definitely read it.  But I don't think I'm gonna pre-order...