jenn

Murder by Death

Book Haul

The Book of Human Emotion - Tiffany Watt-Smith Thirteen Guests - J. Jefferson Farjeon The Masquerading Magician - Gigi Pandian Between You & Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen - Mary Norris Tea, Coffee & Chocolate: How We Fell in Love with Caffeine - Melanie King A Familiar Tail - Delia James Stiff Competition - Annelise Ryan

January is always a great book month for me, between the sales and my birthday, it's always the biggest haul month.  Luckily, it's summer holidays here so I'm mostly off work all month too, making it also a big reading month.

The b-day haul consisted of:

The Book of Human Emotion - Not absolutely sure about this, but it's done as a dictionary type setup, so I was intrigued.

Between You & Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen - Norris writes for The New Yorker and I've heard only good things about the book.

Tea, Coffee & Chocolate: How We Fell in Love with Caffeine - This is a no-brainer title and it's published by the Bodleian Library so I'm hoping that equates to a quality read.

My purchases:

Thirteen Guests - I heard good things about this one from someone here on BookLikes

The Masquerading Magician - A follow up to a promising first book in a series.

A Familiar Tail - First in a new series about cats and witches.

Stiff Competition - the latest in a great mystery series that always makes me laugh.

New books:  7

Books read:  8

Total physical books on TBR:  195 and gaining...  ;)