jenn

Murder by Death

Get to know me - 21 things about me.

It seems while I've been helping out the BFF and nursing my own cold (thanks anonymous sick person on the plane), I've been missing out on a lot of fun.  Thanks to Themis Athena http://themisathena.booklikes.com/post/1182533/21-more-random-things for pinging me so I can participate.

1. Are you named after anyone?

No.  In fact, I was unexpected and as my mom was 45, she didn't even know about me until she was 7 months along, so she just picked my name out by looking through the hopsital baby register and choosing the least used name (presumably from the more main stream choices).

2. When was the last time you cried?

When reading Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger.

3. Do you have kids?

Easter, Carlito and our temporary "step son" Wasabi, respectively.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

I'd like to think so, but if I met me at a party, probably not.  I'd find me pretty lacking in social skills in large groups (large > 3).

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Yes, in real life.  I'm not adept in sarcasm in print.

6. Will you ever bungee-jump?

Never.  Not even if my ass was on fire.

7. What’s your favorite cereal?

As a kid, Lucky Charms.  Now, Kashi makes a cinnimon cereal I like a lot, but I can rarely purchase it here in AU.

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?

Their gender.  I notice little else after that actually.  If you're robbing a bank, I'm the person you want as a witness as I'm unlikely to be aware a crime is in progress, never mind what anybody looks like.

9. What is your eye colour?

Dark brown.

10. Scary movie or happy endings?

Happy endings, I guess.  Definitely not scary movies.

11. Favorite smells?

Hyacinths just after opening.  Citrus blossoms.  Fresh baked bread.  The ocean.

12. Summer or winter?

Summer. Spring.

13. Computer or television?

Computer.  I haven't watched much television in a couple of years.  Mostly when DH thinks I need to see something (usually John Oliver).

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

Where I'm from (Florida) and where I live now (Australia) are, I think, as far as two points can be on the globe without coming back around.  Close enough anyway.

15. Do you have any special talents?

I'm pretty good at taking things apart and fixing them.  It's not glamorous, but it is practical.

16. Where were you born?

Sarasota, Florida.

17. What are your hobbies?

Um... books?  Buying them, reading them, sometimes restoring them.  Gardening.

18. Do you have any pets?

See #3.  Also, I have 3 chickens.  They are spoiled but I'm not sure "pets" is the right word.

19. Favorite movie?

I have no idea.  This changes depending on mood.  I used to love Lethal Weapon.  Pride and Prejudice.  The Truth About Charlie - both the original and the remake.  Many, many others.

20. Do you have any siblings?

I am one of four; all of them at least a decade older than me (see question #1).  2 sisters and a brother.

21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Angelina Jolie.  Not for her looks (although I'd take those), her husband or her career.  Definitely not for the 6 kids (I never like to be out numbered).  But I admire her self-assuredness, the decisions she's made for herself and the way she owns who she is with grace.