jenn

Murder by Death

TBR Thursday (May 15)

Musseled Out - Barbara Ross Murder at the Brightwell - Ashley Weaver No Ghouls Allowed: A Ghost Hunter Mystery - Victoria Laurie Don't Go Home - Carolyn Hart Deadly Desires at Honeychurch Hall - Hannah Dennison Flourless to Stop Him - Nancy J. Parra Oh Say Can You Fudge  - Nancy Coco

I had a bit of a dry spell (except for a Library sale, which I didn't post about because it took me forever to gently pull away all the stickers and remove the dingy plastic covers - by the time I was finished I lost the will to go on and just put 'em on the shelves).  The books are starting to trickle in again and this week I got the following (all cozies):

Musseled Out - Barbara Ross :  The 3rd of the series; #2 wasn't as good as #1, so we'll see.

Murder at the Brightwell: A Mystery - Ashley Weaver :  I've heard nothing but good things about this one.  I started it last night and so far it's excellent.

No Ghouls Allowed: A Ghost Hunter Mystery - Victoria Laurie :  I swore up and down I had this one on my TBR list and a few weeks back I was in the mood for a ghost story.  Imagine my aggravation as I combed through my TBR piles 4 times before admitting I only thought I'd ordered it.  I started it last night and it scared the bejeezus out of me!!! Gah!  I had to go get Murder at the Brightwell and start reading it because otherwise I was never going to get to sleep.

Don't Go Home - Carolyn Hart :  Newest Death on Demand.  The cover and title don't make it look very cozy.

Deadly Desires at Honeychurch Hall - Hannah Dennison :  2nd in the series; the first had many redeeming qualities.

Flourless to Stop Him - Nancy J. Parra :  The first one in this series had the MC get the everliving stuffing beat out of her in the last scene and it surprised me so much for a cozy it sort of hooked me.

Oh Say Can You Fudge - Nancy Coco :  You know what, no matter how good this series is (or isn't - this is only #3) it's going to forever be known in my head as "the series with the stupid titles and asinine covers".

This week, I read 7 books, but two of those were re-reads so instead of breaking even, my TBR pile is two ahead.  C'est la vie.  ;)