jenn

Murder by Death

TBR Thursday: Unrepentant

Meet Your Baker - Ellie Alexander The Mousetrap and Other Plays - Agatha Christie Preserving by the Pint Quick Seasonal Canning for Small Spaces - Marisa McClellan In Hot Water - J.J. Cook For Whom the Bluebell Tolls - Beverly Allen Ghost in the Guacamole - Sue Ann Jaffarian Diners, Drive-Ins, and Death - Christine Wenger A Seamless Murder -  Melissa Bourbon All the President's Menus - Julie Hyzy

This week was not a decreasing week.  In addition to my bookshop spree at the beginning of the week, most of my January pre-orders arrived, in addition to a few more that argue against my possessing any restraint.

Meet Your Baker - Ellie Alexander - first in a new series and a new author (to me).

The Mousetrap and Other Plays - Agatha Christie - I'm using The Mousetrap for the PopSugar Challenge "A Play" and I'm looking forward to reading it (I'd love to see it too, one of these days.)

Preserving by the Pint Quick Seasonal Canning for Small Spaces - Marisa McClellan - I loved the first book she wrote: Food in Jars.  I've already flipped through this one and it has, right off the bat, at least three recipes that are going to make a massive difference for us this year as the garden (specifically the herbs) goes crazy.  Full of easy recipes that make reasonable yields for a household of 2.

In Hot Water - J.J. Cook - I have a crush on the ghost in this series.

For Whom the Bluebell Tolls - Beverly Allen - 2nd in a series; the first one surprised me with how much I liked it (mom owned a flower shop all my life and I'm judgy about accuracy).

Ghost in the Guacamole - Sue Ann Jaffarian - A solid well-written series that doesn't try to be cute or chick-lit or trendy.

Diners, Drive-Ins, and Death - Christine Wenger - I do not, for the life of me, know why I bought this one; the last book in the series was weak enough that I don't have much confidence in this one.

A Seamless Murder - Melissa Bourbon - One of my favorite cozy series; magical dressmaking, ornery ghost, nice romantic tension.  Plots can be hit or miss, but the characters make up for a lot.

All the President's Menus - Julie Hyzy - Another favorite series, and one of the reasons I usually give a series several books before deciding to drop or keep them.  The first three in this series were just average, but book 4 took off and there hasn't been a bad read since.

Rather than do another post (because there are more than 10), these are books I received this week but already read/reviewed: