jenn

Murder by Death

2015 Reading Resolutions / Goals

I've been letting my 2015 reading goals percolate in the back of my mind as I've gone through the Christmas holidays, (and as I was re-arranging my library) and I think I've got myself sorted.

• I'm going to set my reading goal at 175.  I've pretty consistently hit 200+ the last few years, but I'm setting it low for a no-stress challenge this year.  The husband argues that "no-stress" and "challenge" don't work together, but I'm holding firm.

• I'm also going to participate in the PopSugar 2015 Reading Challenge found here.  I'm going to grumble about some of these, but the point is to expand my reading horizons.

• I want to average one non-fiction book a month - so 12 this year.

• I failed utterly at this one in 2014, but I'm going to keep on trying:  Re-read and review some of the older books on my shelves and try to fill in those review gaps.

• I've also decided not to attempt to keep up my TBR on BookLikes, GoodReads and LeafMarks - it's all just too much work.  I'm going to keep my read/reviewed books up to date on all three, but from now on I'm just going to track my TBR/to-buy book lists on BookLikes.  This might seem like a no-brainer, but well, sometimes separation can be a lengthy process.

I'm toying with a "read around the world" challenge my cozy group at GR is doing: try to read books set in as many different countries as you can, with the added challenge of hitting each continent at least once (Antartica optional).  It's doable, but I burned out on challenges a few years ago, so I'm trying to pace myself.  Otherwise, that's as planned as my 2015 is going to get.