jenn

Murder by Death

A Fatal Stain (Daring Finds Mystery #3)

A Fatal Stain - Elise Hyatt

I had read the first two books in this series years ago, and had pretty much given up on this book being released so it was a very pleasant surprise to see it available.

I absolutely love Dyce's sense of humour and outlook on life and she is surrounded by equally great characters. The dialogue is consistently entertaining. I usually shy away from cosy mysteries with children, but E is a hoot and his childhood brings back memories of my own (which did involve a fire or two but thankfully never explosions).

The mystery was an interesting one and I liked the lack of adversarial elements between Dyce and her Detective fiancé, Cas. They worked together in a way that was somewhat believable and very pleasant to read.

Ms. Hyatt leads the reader to the culprit, so it's not a big reveal, but I loved the ending and didn't see it coming at all, so I didn't feel at all let down.

I truly hope this isn't the end of this series - I would dearly love to see another book with Dyce, E, Cas and Ben. I'll keep my fingers crossed.