jenn

Murder by Death

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6)

Biting Cold - Chloe Neill

I was concerned that I wouldn't like this one at all, but I was happy to find myself really enjoying the second half of the book. I hated what Ms. Neill did to Mallory, but loved the mythology she introduced.

Once I got stuck in, I found I couldn't put the book down again until I finished it.  A lot of action and a bit of suspense. I started to roll my eyes at the 'here we go again' feeling I was getting about Merit and Ethan, but the author thankfully took it in a better direction than I had expected.  I love when an author goes against expectations.

While each of the books previous had a bit of a mystery to be solved, no such mystery existed in this book - except perhaps what Tate was, but that was never something to be saved until the end, but part of the developing plot. I sort of missed the mystery element, but not as much as I would have thought - the character development in this book was just too good.

The next book should be quite interesting...