jenn

Murder by Death

To Catch a Vampire (F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigations #2)

To Catch A Vampire - Jennifer Harlow

I'm very glad I looked past the somewhat odd titles and the kitsch cover art of these books, because they are a lot of fun!

To Catch a Vampire has great characters and a fantastic plot, although it's hard to call it a mystery because it's pretty clear from the start who they are after. I enjoyed seeing the deeper interplay between Bea and Oliver that was only hinted at in the first book. I'm still cheering for Will, but I'm enjoying the flirtation with Oliver.

While there's a bit of humor throughout the book it has a bit of serious heart-tugging going on as well. I think Ms. Harlow handles it well, it never feels over-the-top or maudlin, but I found myself honestly feeling for the characters and what happens to them.

While I just don't even know what to say about the covers, I will gladly look forward to future stories in this series, no matter what is on the front. :)