jenn

Murder by Death

Murder Hooks a Mermaid (Haunted Souvenir Shop Series #2)

Murder Hooks a Mermaid - Christy Fifield

A fun, light read. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a *really* great read. I like the main characters, although Glory really is unrealistically dense about Bluebeards messages - surly she isn't supposed to be a dim protagonist. There's a bit of romance, but a very lightweight one so far and nothing that really sparks. Bluebeard has a lot of potential and I'm hoping future books have him playing a more vocal role.

Being a Floridian myself, I love the setting and the author does a very good job depicting small town Florida, so the book was a bit of a mini-trip home for me.

The mystery was solid. I didn't know absolutely who the bad guys were until it was revealed. The author did a credible job crafting the murder mystery and dragging us into the debacle Glory's best friend's little brother found himself in.

I feel a bit like I'm damning with faint praise, but truly I enjoyed reading the book and I will definitely be picking up the next one.