jenn

Murder by Death

A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses

A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses  - Molly Harper

I loved Molly Harper's Nice Girl's series - the characters were people I wanted for friends. If I could live in one of the fictional universe's in my books, Half Moon Hallow would rank in my top 5 list - IF I could work at Specialty books.

So having said all that, of course I loved this book. While Jane and Andrea aren't center stage, they are a major part of the book and plot - as is Dick. Nola isn't quite as left of center as these loveable members of HMH, but she plays a great straight-man to many of their antics.

I'm a sucker for treasure hunts, so the plot of this book appealed to me: searching for four objects necessary for the continuation of her family's magic. Ms. Harper tried to keep each artefact search a little bit different, nothing too clichéd. I loved the scene at Jane's parents house - very funny.

Overall, a great addition to the Half Moon Hollow Universe. I hope Ms. Harper continue's to spin her tales in that little town in Kentucky for some time to come.