jenn

Murder by Death

A Cursed Embrace: A Weird Girls Novel #2

A Cursed Embrace - Cecy Robson

3 stars *only* because I'm not in any way a fan of demons in my stories. They're just too one-dimensional/single-minded for me to find them interesting, but they make good adversaries, I guess.

This book is quite a bit darker (see demons, above) than the first book, but it kept me riveted because of the characters. The sisters are that perfect dynamic - each with their own *very* unique personality and gift and their wolves, the same (I think Koda is my favorite). I can't say I really much cared for the ending although, way to stop my heart re; Shayna!!! VERY well done!  Although I knew a conflict was coming, the author has set it up in a way that if feels like a happy ending of some kind is inevitable, and that's what will keep me reading. In the meantime, I'm loving Misha - his name, his looks, his attitude - and I'm looking forward to seeing how the dynamic between Celia and Misha plays out.

Thankfully, the next book will be out in just 7 months or so, and I'm looking forward to reading it.