jenn

Murder by Death

Paris by the Book

Paris by the Book - Liam Callanan

This one tries to suggest it's a mystery, but really it's not.  I categorise it as general fiction, as a woman and her two daughters follow a trail to Paris in hopes of finding her missing husband, who went for a run one morning and never came back.

I'm probably rating it a little higher than I would have right after I finished it.  Overall I have a feeling that the book is good, but thinking back to specifics, I remember I found the MC to be too remote, or too ... flighty?  to really know enough to decide if I liked her or not.  She just sort of floated along, while her two daughters came across as way too well adjusted and independent to be as affected by their father's disappearance as events in the book would have you believe.

I can't say much more without giving the plot away, but suffice it to say it's a decent read, and the premise sounds like heaven - move to Paris to run a small bookshop.  Sure - sign me up.  At least for a year or two.