jenn

Murder by Death

Much Ado About Magic (Enchanted, Inc., #5)

Much Ado About Magic - Shanna Swendson

I remember when I finished "Don't Hex with Texas" thinking, for the first time, 'she should self-publish the next book because the publishing houses are obviously too stupid to know a good thing when they see it'. So I was thrilled when I read earlier this year that Ms Swendson announced that she'd decided to do just that with the fifth book, Much Ado About Magic. I had it on my e-reader as soon as it was available, and finished it the same day.  The story didn't disappoint - long held secrets revealed, lots of magical action, and the same wonderful cast of characters in a light, frothy, fun tale. My only 'gripe' (and it's not really that) is the seeming distance between Merlin and Katie - in previous books she was a bit of a confidante to Merlin and I saw no evidence of that in this book. Still, an excellent read and if Ms. Swendson ever decides to physically publish, I'll buy another copy to add to my bookshelves at home.  I'm truly looking forward to the sixth book in October.