jenn

Murder by Death

24 Festive Tasks: Festivus, Tasks #2-4

Task #4: Google the word “Festivus” and take a screenshot.

Task #2:  Take a picture of your Festivus Pole (and remember this is a family site).

Carlito, showing off his feline Festivus pole, while checking out the interloper Festivus pole. He was not a happy camper and went stomping off immediately after this picture was taking, muttering about explotation.

Task 3: Have your household scales perform a feat of strength: Place 10 of your heaviest books in a stack on your scales and tell us what their total weight comes to.

We don't have a bathroom scale, because that way lies madness, so I had to do this with my kitchen scales, which max out at 15kg.  MT really got into the spirit of this task, helping me out by quickly zeroing in on the heaviest books I own, and bringing them to the scales.  He was so enthusiastic, we ended up weighing my 11 heaviest (2 were in a box set).

My Atlas of the World, and the Oxford English Dictionary of Australian Words.
Weight: 7.02kg / 15.4lbs

2 Cookbooks by Stephanie Alexander (the Aussie Jamie Oliver) and my hardcover Bible.
Weight: 9.26kg / 20.37lbs

My complete Sherlock Holmes, 7 Novels of Jane Austen, and Collected Tales of Mark Twain.
weight: 5.34kg / 11.75lbs

My other Complete Sherlock Holmes, Annotated Edition.
weight: 4.79kg / 10.54lbs