jenn

Murder by Death

24 Festive Tasks: Diwali, Task #2

Task 2:  Cleaning is a big part of this holiday; choose one of your shelves, real or virtual, and tidy / organise it.  Give us the before and after photos.  OR Tidy up 5 of the books on your BookLikes shelves by adding the CORRECT cover, and/or any other missing information.

Since I'm making librarian edits here pretty much all the time, that feels like a cop-out, so I'm going to focus on the first part of this task.

Most of you who put up with my non-book-review posts know about all of the things I'm about to use for this task, but only as individual moments.  Strung together, they qualify for this task.

As you know, when I came back from my holiday home in Florida I broke all efforts to reduce my TBR piles by bringing home 4 boxes of books:

Did I have room for 4 boxes of books?  Pfft... of course not.  So, as you can see above, they ended up in tidy piles on the floor, where Easter-cat used them as a sort of obstacle course.

This is a state of affairs that could have gone on indefinitely, except that a friend was coming to visit for a week and her bed had to go in that room.  It's a small room; really small.  So not only did I have to get those books off the floor, but I had to get two bookcases out of that room so the bed would fit while also allowing her feet to touch the floor, the door to shut, and if I tried really hard, she'd have a small corner for her luggage.

My house is small - not tiny house small, but almost, and i have a small problem turning down furniture that belonged to MT's grandmother whenever his mom decides it's time to get it out of her house.  So, not a lot of room to work with.  Luckily MT was up to the challenge and found two solutions, one temporary and one probably permanent.

Before (along with the photo above):

And after:

The picture on the left is the end of our 'main' ::snort:: hallway, and will probably remain there in some fashion (might try to get two taller cases that fit that space) and the right is the corner of my bedroom; the bookcase and possibly one of the book spines there are temporary since, if the lighting was better you'd be able to tell there's a bedside table shoved in front of it, blocking the bottom shelf (which is MT's ... coincidence?).

Of course you know what this means, right?  I have a blank wall in my library now.  Crying out for new, taller, wider bookcases.

Mischief managed.