jenn

Murder by Death

The Flat Book Society: July read begins in 7 days!

The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions - Thomas McNamee

It's not too late to join us for The Flat Book Society's July ReadThe Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions by Thomas McNamee

Thomas McNamee blends scientific reportage with engaging, illustrative anecdotes about his own beloved cat, Augusta, to explore and illuminate the secrets and enigmas of her kind.

The Inner Life of Cats follows the development of the young Augusta while simultaneously explaining the basics of a kitten's physiological and psychological development. As the narrative progresses, McNamee also charts cats' evolution, explores a feral cat colony in Rome, tells the story of Augusta's life and adventures, and consults with behavioral experts, animal activists, and researchers, who will help readers more fully understand cats.

McNamee shows that with deeper knowledge of cats' developmental phases and individual idiosyncrasies, we can do a better job of guiding cats' maturation and improving the quality of their lives.

My book just arrived last week, and I'm looking forward to starting it next Sunday, July 1st.

Also, for those that are already members, or who'd like to join us, don't forget to vote for September's read - voting will close July 1st, so make sure you get in there and help us pick our next book!