jenn

Murder by Death

Distillery Cats: Profiles in Courage of the World's Most Spirited Mousers

Distillery Cats: Profiles in Courage of the World's Most Spirited Mousers - Brad Thomas Parsons

Ok, typing up the title to this post I realise I should have knocked 1/2 star off for inaccuracy in titling.  (I seem to be on a roll with this lately.)  Profiles in courage is stretching a point a bit, and as the book only covers American brewers and distilleries, which the author states upfront in the introduction, having the title say World's Most Spirited Mousers is more than hyperbolic and is flat inaccurate.

But other than that, the book is gorgeous with fabulous illustrations and charming stories of the cats earning their keep protecting the country's grains.  Interspersed amongst the stories/profiles are quotes about cats from writers and songwriters, and cocktail recipes inspired by all these fabulous cats.

This is a great book for cat lovers; steps above those 'gift' books that just have funny or motivational quotes overlaid on photos of kittens.  Guaranteed to make you smile at least once or twice.