jenn

Murder by Death

Wildfire (Hidden Legacies, #3)

Wildfire -  Ilona Andrews

Ok, I'm going to go on record here with my prediction for Caesar's true identity:

Linus Duncan.  Because he is both the least likely and the most devastating.  Also, he's mentioned in earlier books and earlier in this book, that he dislikes being bored.

(show spoiler)

Of course, there would have to be a fourth book published in order to find out if I'm right, and that's not a given at this point.  Still it's fun to speculate.

There's a lot going on in this book - it's action packed and there are revelations galore, including finding out what Arabella actually is.  But even though it's a neck-and-neck race, I think I liked the second book better (White Hot).  The narrative felt smoother, more coherent.  Wildfire was just... chaotic.  Fun, highly entertaining chaos, but chaos.  And I really didn't like all that nonsense with Rynda, and I'm not convinced it was in any way necessary.  But I loved Zeus.  I'd have liked to have seen a lot more Zeus - and (Sergeant?) Teddy.  But mostly Zeus.

Here's hoping Avon will wake up and smell the coffee and a fourth book is just around the corner.