jenn

Murder by Death

White Hot (Hidden Legacies, #2)

White Hot -  Ilona Andrews

Well, that was exciting.  Still more urban fantasy than paranormal romance, but when the Andrews team decides to get down to the romance, they don't mess around.

The non-romance part of the story is fast-paced and exciting as hell; I woke up in the middle of the night last night and my first thought was "oh, I can start reading again!" and it was only through supreme effort (and pharmaceuticals) that I refrained from doing so.  But I did start up again at 8am this morning and didn't stop until it was finished.

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching all the characters come together; the team it took Kate more than 5 books to build up has only taken Nevada 2.  The only niggling thing I was a tiny bit disappointed in is the overall series arc: I sense shades of Roland.  And don't get me wrong, I love the Roland storyline in Kate Daniels, but if it's used here, it's going to feel repetitive; it's not the sort of plot device that wears well over time.

I have the third book and I have no idea how I'm not going to pick it up and devour it immediately.  But if I do than I have to wait who-knows-how-long until the 4th one is out. Curse you Ilona Andrews!

(I originally used the first book Burn for Me for my demon square, but it had a very scant mention of demons.  This book was much more demon-rich, so I've switched Burn For Me over to Supernatural, and I'm using this one for Demons.  No Bingos were altered in the switching.)