jenn

Murder by Death

Booklikes-opoly: Turn 34 (July 12)

I've been on this space once before since the rules change, but this time I have the perfect book for it.  Death at the Chateau Bremont by M.L. Longworth.  The first in a series; I've been searching book sales for it but finally gave up and bought it online.   I've had a few of the later book on my TBR for awhile, but I like to begin at the beginning.

Death at the Chateau Bremont - M.L. LongworthISet in charming and historic Aix-en-Provence, France, Death at the Château Bremont introduces readers to Antoine Verlaque, the handsome and seductive chief magistrate of Aix, and his on-again, off- again love interest, law professor Marine Bonnet.

When local nobleman Etienne de Bremont falls to his death from the family château, the town is abuzz with rumors. Verlaque suspects foul play and must turn to Marine for help when he discovers that she had been a close friend of the Bremonts. This is a lively whodunit steeped in the rich, enticing, and romantic atmosphere of southern France.