jenn

Murder by Death

BookLikes-opoly: Turn 27 (June 22)

A new-to-me square!  I thought this was going to be harder to find a book for, just because of the manual searching involved to check setting or page number, but the first book I pulled off the stack turned out to be the book that fit:  Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews; it's set in Texas and the book ends on page 301 (which also just gets me over the line in monopoly dollars).

Sweep in Peace  - Ilona Andrews Dina DeMille doesn’t run your typical Bed and Breakfast. Her inn is a living entity that defies laws of physics, her fluffy dog is secretly a monster, and the only paying guest is a former Galactic tyrant with a price on her head. But the inn needs guests to thrive, and guests have been scarce, so when an Arbitrator shows up at Dina’s door and asks her to host a peace summit between three warring species, she jumps on the chance.

Unfortunately, for Dina, keeping the peace between Space Vampires, the Hope-Crushing Horde, and the devious Merchants of Baha-char is much easier said than done. On top of keeping her guests from murdering each other, she must find a chef, remodel the inn… and risk everything, even her life, to save the man she might fall in love with. But then it’s all in the day’s work for an Innkeeper…