jenn

Murder by Death

BookLikes-opoly: Turn 17 (May 30th)

A Morbid Taste for Bones  - Ellis Peters

This puts me on space #31:

I've got this weird aversion to reading books that have carnivals or circus' in them so I went the PIXAR route.  This turned out less easy than I imagined.  MT wanted me to make it as hard on myself as possible and insisted I pick a book that started with either P or X for the challenge, but when I hit the stacks, I was hard pressed to find any letters in PIXAR; my first TBR range (or as Tannat and I decided, the first TBR black hole) only yielded one title that started with "A" and I wasn't in the mood for it.  So I (time) travelled over to my other TBR pile/blackhole that has historical mysteries and found two: one that started with A again, and one that started with I:  A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters  and I Always Loved You by Robin Oliveira.

I went with A Morbid Taste for Bones, both because it's been on my TBR the longest of the two and because my mom loves Brother Cadfael and I, the daughter that abandoned her for the other side of the planet, can score bonus points with her once I tell her I've read it.

A Morbid Taste for Bones - Ellis Peters Brother Cadfael travels to the remote Welsh mountain village of Gwytherin in order to acquire the relics of St. Winifred and finds himself in the middle of a bizarre mystery when the leading opponent to moving the bones is murdered.

Total pages: 192