jenn

Murder by Death

Best friends are the... best!

I don't know what I did to deserve my friend Jules; I'd argue that i don't, actually, but either way I'm grateful.

She mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she'd sent me a birthday package.  She ALWAYS sends the best packages, so I was automatically looking forward to it.  It came today, and as is obvious by the picture, I was gardening when MT handed it to me.

confetti!  I LOVE confetti!

No Two Persons Ever Read the Same Book: Quotes on Books, Reading and Writing

I love the book - it's gorgeous!  The quotes I've seen so far are really good (quote posts coming soon!)  But here's what made it amazing (besides the confetti): You can just barely see the flags sticking out from the sides and top of the book - she flagged quotes she liked, or thought I'd like.  She left random note cards too, with hand written messages about certain quotes and how they made her think of me.  She even ...*deep breath*... wrote in the book.  On several pages.  Jules knows how I feel about the sanctity of books and that my first reaction would be hyperventilation, as she makes clear on the inside front cover, where she wrote:

"Yup.  I wrote in the book.  It's an ORIGINAL now."

She's right, it is.  It's amazing and I'm never parting with it.