jenn

Murder by Death

Book Haul - and something to share with BrokenTune

Bookshops - Peter Bush, Jorge CarriĆ³n The Haunted Grange Of Goresthorpe -  Arthur Conan Doyle Spit and Polish - Lucy Lethbridge Darjeeling: A History of the World's Greatest Tea - Jeff Koehler The Invisible Library - Genevieve Cogman Lady Cop Makes Trouble - Amy Stewart The White Cottage Mystery - Margery Allingham What A Plant Knows: a field guide to the senses - Daniel Chamovitz Turbo Twenty-Three - Janet Evanovich Better Late Than Never - Jenn McKinlay

Buying other people books as Christmas presents is just dangerous.  Especially when local publishers have 45% off sales.  Apparently a book reading slump does not translate into a book buying slump.

So these all arrived in the mail this week.  I'm particularly excited about The Haunted Grange Of Goresthorpe by Arthur Conan Doyle  and Bookshops by Jorge Carrión; translated by Peter Bush.  Oh, and Lady Cop Makes Trouble by Amy Stewart!

I also bought one more book - it's not up on top because it's a book I already have, and a small splurge, but I think at least BrokenTune, if nobody else, will understand why.  I bought an uncorrected bound proof of The Eyre Affair.  Not because of the book itself, but because of what came with it:

It's a black and white photo that Jasper Fforde did in a giveaway at some point, 105 of them in total given away.  (http://www.jasperfforde.com/giveaway/tea002.html if anyone is curious).  The book was less than a new paperback edition and I couldn't resist - I love Pickwick!