jenn

Murder by Death

20 Books of Summer - summer reading wrap-up

Moonlight Murder (a/k/a/ Moonlight Reader) had the idea at the start of summer to read 20 books between June 1 and September 1 and called it the #20 Books of Summer, inviting anyone interested to participate as well.  No challenge, no contest, just to enjoy a summer filled with reading.

Putting aside that I'm seasonally challenged here in the antipodes, this sounded like fun, and generally I read more in the winter anyway (this Florida girl tends to start hibernating when the temperature dips below 20/70).  I was curious how many books I'd actually end up reading in those 90 days.

Turns out, I read a lot.  I had no idea.

I had a more than average number of stand-out 4.5/5 star reads, so I'm calling it a successful books of summer(winter).

Fiction (45):

On the Edge - Ilona Andrews  Old Herbaceous: A Novel of the Garden - Reginald Arkell  Love, Lies and Spies - Cindy Anstey  Murder by Death - Neil Simon,H.R.F. Keating  The Cat Sitter's Nine Lives: A Mystery - Blaize Clement,John Clement  Deadly Desires at Honeychurch Hall - Hannah Dennison  Aunt Dimity and the Summer King - Nancy Atherton  The Improbability of Love - Hannah Rothschild  Venetia - Georgette Heyer  A Whisker of Trouble - Sofie Ryan  Rock-a-Bye Bones - Carolyn Haines  Persuasion - Jane Austen  A Muddied Murder - Wendy Tyson  The Semester of Our Discontent - Cynthia Kuhn  Marked Masters - Ritter Ames  The Readaholics and the Falcon Fiasco - Laura DiSilverio  And Then There Were Nuns - Kylie Logan  Grace Sees Red - Julie Hyzy  The Dirt on Ninth Grave - Darynda Jones  The Curse of Tenth Grave - Darynda Jones  Death and Relaxation - Devon Monk  As Death Draws Near - Anna Lee Huber  Give Up the Ghost - Juliet Blackwell  Design for Dying - Renee Patrick  A Bed of Scorpions - Judith Flanders  A Murder of Magpies - Judith Flanders  Gone With the Witch - Heather Blake  Dear Committee Members - Julie Schumacher  Magic Stars - Ilona Andrews  Lowcountry Book Club - Susan M. Boyer  Books of a Feather - Kate Carlisle  Take the Monkey and Run - Laura Morrigan  Staying Dead - Laura Anne Gilman  The Single Undead Moms Club - Molly Harper  Shades of Grey - Jasper Fforde  Fool Me Once - Steve Hockensmith,Lisa Falco  Black Sheep - Georgette Heyer  Where the Wild Things Bite - Molly Harper  A Disguise to Die For - Diane Vallere  Goodwood - Holly Throsby  Arsenic with Austen - Katherine Bolger Hyde  Crowned and Dangerous: A Royal Spyness Mystery - Rhys Bowen  A Killer Ball at Honeychurch Hall - Hannah Dennison  To The Last Drop - Sandra Balzo  Silk Stalkings - Diane Vallere

Audiobooks (4):

Hammered - Kevin Hearne,Christopher Ragland  Two Ravens and One Crow - Kevin Hearne,Christopher Ragland  Sprig Muslin - Georgette Heyer,Sian Phillips  Tricked - Kevin Hearne,Christopher Ragland

Non-fiction/reference/memoirs (12):

Encore Provence: New Adventures in the South of France - Peter Mayle  How Not to Be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide - Meghan Doherty  The Unadulterated Cat - Terry Pratchett,Gray Jolliffe  Stephen Fry's Incomplete & Utter History of Classical Music - Tim Lihoreau,Stephen Fry  The Book of the Dead: Lives of the Justly Famous and the Undeservedly Obscure - John Lloyd,John Mitchinson  Book - John Agard,Neil Packer  Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology - Leah Remini,Rebecca Paley  A Passion for Books: A Book Lover's Treasury of Stories, Essays, Humor, Love and Lists on Collecting, Reading, Borrowing, Lending, Caring for, and Appreciating Books - Rob Kaplan,Harold Rabinowitz  Going to Hell in a Hen Basket: An Illustrated Dictionary of Modern Malapropisms - Robert Alden Rubin  Happily Ever After - Susannah Fullerton  Women Who Read Are Dangerous - Stefan Bollman,Karen Joy Fowler  Lost in Translation: An Illustrated Compendium of Untranslatable Words from Around the World - Ella Frances Sanders

Comic (1):

Superior Iron Man #4 - Yildiray Cinar,Tom Taylor

I hope everyone had a great summer!